After many years in planning, hard work and fundraising we are delighted to announce that work is well underway on a complete refurbishment of our existing training field.
A fully floodlit, sand carpet playing area will be completed and ready for use in the Spring of 2020. Our aim is to provide our Club and the Glenavy area with facilities fit for the 21st Century.
This playing space will:
- Allow for a January to October outdoor season
- Enable teams to train and play together at Chapel Hill
- Provide a more secure environment for our youth
- Hugely reduce the need to hire 4G facilities
- Increase hours of play and in turn help with our youth development
- Allow for smaller pitches, perfect for younger age group
- Provide a pathway for future generations to continue playing sport into adulthood and improve the general health and well-being of our community
Please show your support for this exciting development by playing our Club Lotto Online via the tab at the top of our Website. The Jackpot currently stands at an amazing £3450! Pick your 4 numbers and follow the instructions to get involved! All support welcome and needed!
This project is the second stage in our facility development and follows on from the rejuvenated main pitch and lit walking trail. It has been made possible by endless hours of hard work by our volunteers and the Club would like to acknowledged all those who have been to the fore of fundraising and development over the last number of years.
***St. Joseph’s GAC – Development Stage Two: Floodlit Training Facility***
Project Management: Hanna and Hutchinson Consultant Engineers Ltd
Construction: McAvoy Construction NI Ltd
Part Funded by The Alpha Programme – Groundwork NI